Author Topic: Tiffany Confederate Belt Buckle  (Read 5061 times)

thawk

Tiffany Confederate Belt Buckle
« on: January 11, 2005, 12:45:58 AM »
I have a tiffany confederate belt buckle. It is bras and has C.S.A. on front. The back has Tiffany Studios New York. Also on back (and partially obscured) it says Manufactured by  .. Purdy ..St. London W. England.  Is this thing real? Were any
confederate belt buckles ever made by Tiffany? Were they made after the Civil War?

BuckleGuy

Tiffany Confederate Belt Buckle
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:59:07 PM »
Hi Thawk,

I'm afraid that buckle you mention was not made by Tiffany - it is one of the ones originally manufactured for during the 1960's when the buckle hoax first started. According to the J. Duncan Campbell Book, the centenial of the Civil War is what launched the onslaught of such buckles - with the first ones focusing on that war. The other buckles came later.  Sorry for the bad news.

I don't believe that Tiffany every made any buckles. If I remember correctly, they may have made swords and other items but I would have to do some research, first, before I could be certain. Perhaps someone else might know?

BTW, welcome to this board - this site is still very new and search engines are just now starting to pick it up.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 12:00:14 AM by BuckleGuy »